Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Little Jerry Maguire Hurt No One...

...Except me.

There was this nauseatingly sweet couple down by a Baskin Robbins outlet in the city sharing an ice cream and doing PDA-infused, couple-y stuff. I'm totally for a good dose of romance, but making it so public takes the fun out of it. Not to mention, you become Sena-bait, which isn't as cool as it sounds.

And if you're asking why I was watching this, it was owing to the fact that traffic is murder in Mumbai and when you're stuck somewhere, you're kinda stuck there till something drastic happens. Like until an asteroid drops in front of you and removes any and all vehicles/rogue cattle/sugarcane juice machine thingies from your path. And even then the huge chunk of rock that is the asteroid would be in the way, so commuters don't get to win anyway.

Anyhopelesstraffic, the dude of the couple starts doing these retarded gestures which, after intense observation by me and my cousin, were interpreted as what Tom Cruise does for Rene Zellweger in Jerry Maguire (You complete me). I guess it's justified if Tom Cruise (circa 1996) does it, considering he's effing Tom Cruise and was reasonably good-looking around that time. It's also OK for Rene Zellweger to be on the receiving end of it since that was the one movie she at least pretended to act in.

I'll probably get slack saying I should allow what little romance we have left in the city to thrive. Then again, my ass won't be the one forced by the moral brigade to marry the person I was sharing a double-chocolate ice cream with.



share on: facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO "sena bait"